Cowboy Poetry and Music
Join us for a special performance of poetry and music at the Golden History Museum. Travel back in time and celebrate Cowboy Poetry Week by enjoying the traditions of cowboys in the West.
Rex Rideout is a long-time student of the music and songs of the 19th-Century American West. As the proprietor of Time Travel Music, Rex has performed at countless historic sites and museums across the West. His music has also been featured on television and radio. Rex plays many musical instruments: mandolin, fiddle, guitar, banjo, and tin whistle, to name just a few.
Location and Time
Golden History Museum
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
$5 for museum members, $12 non-members
Membership pays for itself with just a few programs for your family. Join us.
More Golden history
Check out the Golden History Museum & Park blog for the latest behind the scenes videos and stories, personal memoirs, and history tidbits about Golden.
Reminisce about your high school years by joining us for this fun exhibit opening! Hands-on activities will include viewing GHS yearbooks (both paper and electronic) and making your own themed photo with our unique props. Finally, see items from the collection which highlight alumni, clubs, and fashions, including rare relief maps which once hung on the school walls in Golden.
- make your own graduation cap
- make a corsage with crepe paper flowers
- make a memory at the unique selfie station
- leaf through old yearbooks
- chat with the curator about the new exhibit
- listen to live music by Alibi
- purchase delicious eats from the “Truck Eddy BBQ & Milkshakes” food truck
- relax at the cash bar provided by Coda Brewing