Open house at Golden History Park
See sparks fly at the blacksmith shop. Take a lesson at the schoolhouse or make a craft in the historic Reynolds Cabin. Explore the Pearce Cabin and learn how the woodstove works. There’s enough fun at the Golden History Park for the whole family!
Visit on select Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., May through August. Join in hands-on activities, learn about pioneer history from our interpreters, and see special demonstrations. Experience history in action and prepare to be transported to the 1800s!
Varied history opportunities await you
Autumn Fest 2024
Autumn Fest is a free celebration of Golden featuring hands-on activities for the whole family, including crafts, big trucks, and even farm animals. Join us to welcome the fall season at Golden History Museum (923 10th St.), proudly sponsored by:
Free and Low-Cost Family Activities
- make-your-own thaumatrope station and lawn games (hoop toss, ladder ball, and cornhole)
- 4-H petting zoo
- craft stations
- big trucks (Streets, Fire, and Police Departments)
- costumed Civil War interpretation
- karate demonstration
- Colorado Volunteer Infantry Group
- Jeffco Open Space
- Boulder Apple Tree Project
- Mines Museum of Earth Science
- Golden Library
- Foothills Art Center
- Golden Street, Police, and Fire Departments
- Golden Public Art Commission
Autumn Fest Gallery
Location and Pricing
Unlike most GHM&P programs, there is no registration for Autumn Fest.
Membership pays for itself with just a few programs for your family. Join us.
More Golden history
Check out the Golden History Museum & Park blog for the latest behind the scenes videos and stories, personal memoirs, and history tidbits about Golden.