Artist Kathy Mitchell-Garton combines her fondness for Golden’s topography and landscape with her love of heirloom textiles and stitching to create artworks that explore the intersection of family, history, and place. Come hear more about her inspiration and gain insight into her artistic process in this artist’s talk and demonstration. Kathy will bring pieces from her stash of textiles and maps and demonstrate a few stitches. Museums always say ‘don’t touch’—this is your chance to get your hands on some beautiful textiles and stitching! Drop in anytime.
Autumn Fest 2024
Autumn Fest is a free celebration of Golden featuring hands-on activities for the whole family, including crafts, big trucks, and even farm animals. Join us to welcome the fall season at Golden History Museum (923 10th St.), proudly sponsored by:
Free and Low-Cost Family Activities
- make-your-own thaumatrope station and lawn games (hoop toss, ladder ball, and cornhole)
- 4-H petting zoo
- craft stations
- big trucks (Streets, Fire, and Police Departments)
- costumed Civil War interpretation
- karate demonstration
- Colorado Volunteer Infantry Group
- Jeffco Open Space
- Boulder Apple Tree Project
- Mines Museum of Earth Science
- Golden Library
- Foothills Art Center
- Golden Street, Police, and Fire Departments
- Golden Public Art Commission
Autumn Fest Gallery
Location and Pricing
Unlike most GHM&P programs, there is no registration for Autumn Fest.
Membership pays for itself with just a few programs for your family. Join us.
More Golden history
Check out the Golden History Museum & Park blog for the latest behind the scenes videos and stories, personal memoirs, and history tidbits about Golden.