This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
Land acquisition for Quaker Acres was provided by the City of Arvada’s 6 % developer’s requirement and by Open Space. Jefferson County Commissioners approved $125,000 of Open Space funds for land to be deeded to North Jeffco, May 7, 1985. The City of Arvada leased this property to North Jeffco for 99 years for one dollar. The park is named for the subdivision in which it is located.
In 1876 operated by South Deer Creek Mining Company.
Named for owner Catherine Quatman. Uranium mine operated by Cotter Corp. 1960 produced 7.6 tons valued at 142 dollars.
Church organized in 1976, rented space until 1990. Built own church and social hall. 550 families, 1,000 attend masses. August 12, 1990 3,500 attend Vietnamese language mass as part of World Faith Day. August 13, 1993 7,000 attended Vietnamese language mass.
Quillette Ditch is in Water District No. 7, and has priority No 5, (May 31, 1860), with water diverted out of the north bank of Clear Creek. Claimants in 1884 were John Juchem, J.B.C. Boyd, Moses, Quellette, Henry King, Charles H. Danforth, George Packard and S. Eaton. Records of the State Engineer’s “Water Rights Report” show water has partially been transferred to Agricultural Ditch, Farmers High Line and City of Golden. Properties of Quellette, Juchem and Boyd are shown on the 1899 Farm Map in “More Than Gold.” George Packard was vice President on the first organization of the Clear Creek Valley Farmers Club and was Master of the First Grange in Colorado, Ceres No. 1. The spelling Quellette appears variously as ‘Quelette’ or Willet.’