This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Source||Cultural Contexts report, 2004, p 20|
|History||Bear Creek Canyon Wagon Road (1872) John Evans constructed this road to transport timber for railroad ties from his Evans Ranch west of Evergreen down to Morrison. In 1880, he turned the road over to the City of Morrison, which operated it as the Bear Creek Canyon Toll Road.|