This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||4 mi. S.W. of Buffalo Creek|
|Quad||Green Mountain, 1954|
|Section||S15, T8S, R71W|
|Source||Interviews, Area Residents, 1992.|
|History||In the 1930s it was called the Clayton College Campground (a Denver organization), but its use was discontinued in late 1940s and later made into a campground and maintained by the Forest Service. It was named for the nearby creek.|