This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||On Cty. Rd. 96, Buffalo Creek, 80425|
|Section||S6, T8S, R70W|
|Source||Bauer, Oxment & Willard, "Colorado Post Offices,1859-1989, " p. 25.|
|Other||J.W. Green Mercantile Co.|
|History||It was established Aug.16,1878 with John Mitchell as the first postmaster and has been in continuous operation ever since. On Sept.13,1963, it was converted to a rural branch of the Pine Post Office and serves the community with the third generation of the Green family as postmaster. Many brass mail boxes are rented by residents of the community and by surrounding property owners. It serves as a precinct polling center for all elections.|