This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Off Cty. Rd. 126 at Buffalo Creek|
|Section||S6, T8S, R70W|
|Source||Interview, Wilma Barnes Green, 1930s Buffalo Creek School teacher, 1992.|
|Other||Buffalo Creek Community|
|History||It was built in 1889 of brick with two outhouses (still standing). Fire destroyed the structure three times - and it was rebuilt each time. Pupils attended from miles around until the 1950s when consolidation of the county schools took place. Since the 1980s, the building has been a private home. It was named for the Buffalo Creek community.|