This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Quad||Pine, 1954 (1985)|
|Section||S6, T8S, R70W|
|Source||Lombard, "Buffalo Beginnings," p. 121.|
|Other||Buffalo Creek community; J.W. Green Mercantile Company|
|History||This is a water company operated by invested property owners at Buffalo Creek community and built at the turn of the century by John L.J. Jerome. It was considered sophisticated for its time and continues to operate successfully.|