This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Originally 1/2 mile SW of the top of Evergreen Mountain|
|Quad||Conifer 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S7, T5S, R71W|
|Source||Granzella, "A Century of Jefferson County Mountain Area Schools."|
|Other||Little Buffalo Creek School.|
|History||A log school built in the 1870s by Selim Vezina and Antoine Roy, which has been called Evergreen's first school. Classes ceased there in 1937 when the district consolidated with Evergreen. Caroline Vezina, in about 1948, had the school moved log by log to her home on Evergreen Hill, and the Evergreen Women's Club had it moved to its present site between the Evergreen High School and Wilmot Elementary School.|