This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Next to J.W. Green Mercantile Co., Buffalo Creek, 80425|
|Section||S6, T8S, R70W|
|Source||Lombard, "Buffalo Beginnings: The People and Places of Bu ffalo Creek, Colorado," pp. 52-53.|
|Other||Buffalo Creek community; J.W. Green Mercantile Company|
|History||This was a stop on the Colorado & Southern Railroad route and 39.6 miles from Denver. It was located about 100 yards downstream (North Fork of the South Platte River) from the J.W.Green Mercantile Co. which housed the ticket office from the 1880s until 1937 when the railroad ceased operation.|