This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||1119 Washington St., Golden, 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S34, T3S, R70W|
|Source||Simmons and Whitacre, "The 1989 Survey of Historic Buildings in Downtown Golden."|
|History||The Buffalo Rose Saloon was built in the 1870s. Historic maps indicate that this building has been a saloon from at least 1886. The building appears on the 1878 map of Golden and is therefore one of the early commercial buildings in the town. The bar in the saloon today was brought from Missouri in 1890, according to the staff. In 1985 Ken Mueller purchased and remodeled the saloon. He retained the nineteenth-century furnishings.|