This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||N.W. of Arvada Reservoir|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S4, T3S, R70W|
|Source||Arapahoe County District Court, Div. II, Oct. 4, 1884; Jefferson County Historical Commission, "More Than Gold," p. 57.|
|History||Located in Water District #7, this ditch diverted water from the south bank of Ralston Creek. Claimants in 1884 were Robert Bunny and Harmon Ballinger. Priorities granted were #6 (6-6-1862) and #9 (6-5-1864) on Ralston Creek. Bunny and Ballinger were both area farmers, and the ditch was named for them.|