This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||1300 Arapahoe St., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Source||"Colorado Transcript", October 15, 1873; Colorado Historical Society, "Directory of State Register Places," p. 97.|
|History||The 1867 church is one of the earliest examples of Gothic Revival style architecture on the Front Range. It represents an introduction of this architectural style into Colorado by an unknown architect. Upon the death of Bishop Randall, the congregation pledged "That we shall ever consider the church building of our parish as a monument of his generous, untiring labors, and will, with God's help, endeavor upon our part to carry out the devoted ideas of its founder." This property was placed on the National Register of Historic Places (5JF420) on March 3, 1995.|