This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF124.62, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Two-lane bridge over Lena Gulch in the north central section of Camp George West was constructed in 1938 as a Works Project Administration (WPA) project. Architect Frank Ardurel designed this bridge with its reinforced concrete slab deck and split fieldstone abutments with thick mortar. The roadway is 20' with coursed stone walls higher towards the center of the bridge where the land drops off beneath. There is a layer of projecting field stones cemented to the top of the bridge walls. Metal railings flank the bridge deck. The total length of the bridge and its approaches is approximately 140'. The bridge separately spans Lena Gulch and an unnamed tributary to that stream.|