This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.56, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||One-lane bridge over Lena Gulch in the northwest quadrant of Camp George West constructed in 1940. Designed by the architect George H. Merchant, this bridge was a Works Project Administration (WPA) project. The bridge abutments are composed of roughly split basaltic fieldstone laid in courses with concrete mortar. Side walls of the bridge are flared, rounded, and tapered. The tops of the bridge walls have a flat layer of concrete. The deck of the bridge is concrete and has a 10' roadway. There is a 3' sidewalk on the east with round metal railings.|