This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.30, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||This one-story building of 252 square feet was built in 1922. Built in the bungalow style, it has a front gabled roof with overhanging eaves and exposed rafters. Front gable extends over an open concrete apron and has exposed post truss system supported by battered stone piers. Similar exposed truss on northern elevation. Walls of the building are composed of coursed, un-split fieldstone. The two entrances on the facade have lintels of stones placed vertically and are flanked by windows. The building is significant as a well preserved representative of an early filling station.|