This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.41, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Architect George H. Merchant designed this 308 sq. ft. vernacular masonry building. Built in 1937, this small one-story building has a pyramided hipped roof with wood shingle roofing. The walls are composed of basaltic stone rubblework on a concrete foundation. The central entrance is topped by a pediment with a wide concrete lintel and is flanked by large window openings. The concrete sill course projects slightly from the building. The gasoline pumps at the southeast and northeast corners with the grease rack adjacent to the building's west side. In 1935, the War Department undertook a program of motorization, converting from horses and wagons to trucks. Works Progress Administration (WPA) funds were used to build this structure in 1937.|