This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.81, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Built in 1941 with State permission for the Golden Gun Club shooting range. The state purchased it in 1948. It was made of unusual handmade concrete blocks embedded with stone. The one-story, 644 sq. ft., side-gabled roofed building has a brick chimney with half timbering on the gable ends.|