This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.24, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Built in 1937 as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project, it has always served as the post headquarters. It is a one-story, 3847 sq. ft. building with a steep pitched hipped roof with a main bay and wings. It features a segmental arch central entrance with stone vousoirs and stuccoed pediment with the state seal. There are multi-light casement windows throughout the structure. The west wing has a chimney and arched shed roof entrance. On the east is a frame addition.|