This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd. Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.21, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Built in 1925, this small one-story building has a gabled roof with overhanging eaves, exposed rafters, and a gabled roof vent. It has stuccoed frame walls atop a concrete foundation. The central entrance has a paneled wood door with a screen at the bottom and six-pane sunlight on the north and south sides with bars. This building is significant for its association with the improvement of the Colorado National Guard facilities at Camp George West during the 1920s. The 161 sq. ft. building was used as a magazine.|