This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden, Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.1 Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Designed by the Quartermaster at Fort Sam Houston, this 2722 sq. ft., one-story, gabled structure was built in 1941. This vernacular, masonry mess hall was constructed by the Works Projects Administration (WPA). In 1943, the U.S. Army added a rear addition.|