This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd, Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.2, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Designed by the Quartermaster at Fort Sam Houston and modified for Camp George West by George H. Merchant, this one-story, 1430 sq. ft., front gabled, vernacular, masonry building was constructed in 1936. It was built by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and is one of 17 mess halls built in an east-west row across the post.|