This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.

Camp George West – Mess Hall, Building #20


Address15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS1, T4S, R70W
Elevation5768
SourceHistoric Building Inventory Record #5JF145.10, Colorado Historical Society.
OtherNULL
SeealsoNULL
Initialdate1998-11-18 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
LatestdateNULL
Person2NULL
HistoryDesigned by the Quartermaster at Fort Sam Houston, this one-story, front gable roofed, vernacular, masonry, 1430 sq. ft. structure was built in 1927. This building was one of 12 mess halls built in 1927 in an east-west row across the post.
PixNULL
LinkNULL
GislocNULL
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive