This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF14514, Colorado Historical Society|
|History||Designed by the quarter master at Fort Sam Houston and modified by George H. Merchant, this one-story, front gable roofed vernacular masonry 2772 sq. ft. building was constructed in 1936. This was one of 17 mess halls built in an east west row across the post.|