This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.

Camp George West – Mess Hall, Buildings #28, #29


Address15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS1, T4S, R70W
Elevation5768
SourceHistoric Building Inventory Record #5JF145.17 & 5JF145.8, Colorado Historical Society.
OtherNULL
SeealsoNULL
Initialdate1998-11-18 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate1999-04-05 00:00:00-06
Person2JMW
HistoryDesigned by the quarter master at Fort Sam Houston and modified by George H. Merchant, this one-story, front gable roofed vernacular masonry 1430 sq. ft. building was constructed in 1941. These buildings were funded by the Works Progress Administration and were last the mess halls built at the post. They are to the north and separated from the post by other mess halls.
PixNULL
LinkNULL
GislocNULL
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive