This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.57 &5JF145.58, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Designed by the US Corps of Engineers, this one-story vernacular wood frame side gable roofed 737 sq. ft. building was constructed in 1943. The building was erected by the US Army as an orderly room for the 757th Military Police Battalion.|