This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Record #5JF145.19, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Built in 1931, this one-story, side-gable roofed building has a small intersecting wing on the northeast with overhanging eaves and exposed rafters. Walls are composed of stone rubblework on a concrete foundation. The double door entrance on the southern elevation has paneled wooden doors with a single door entrance to the right. Windows are one-over-one light double-hung, with flat arches and concrete sills and lintels. There is a stone chimney at the southeast corner. This building was erected as a Quartermaster Supply Building by the federal government and filled the vitally important role of storing supplies to be sent to local guard units and to stock the post.|