This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.

Camp George West – Quarters, Building #68


Address15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS1, T4S, R70W
Elevation5768
SourceHistoric Building Inventory Record #5JF145.43, Colorado Historical Society.
OtherNULL
SeealsoNULL
Initialdate1998-11-18 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-11-28 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryArchitect George H. Merchant designed this one-story 1855 sq. ft. English/Norman cottage built in 1934. It has walls of basaltic stone and has a multiple gabled roof with clipped gables. The building stone was quarried on southern Table Mountain and the construction was funded by the Federal Emergency Relief Administration. Residents housed one of the officer caretakers who resided at the post.
PixNULL
LinkNULL
GislocNULL
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive