This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.

Camp George West – Quarters, Building #69


Address15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1994)
SectionS1, T4S, R70W
Elevation5768
SourceHistoric Building Inventory Record #5JF145.44, Colorado Historical Society.
OtherNULL
SeealsoNULL
Initialdate1998-11-18 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate1999-04-05 00:00:00-06
Person2JMW
HistoryArchitect George H. Merchant designed this one-story, 1831 sq. ft. English/Norman cottage, built in 1937. It has walls of basaltic stone from south Table Mountain and a complex roof lined with central hipped portion and intersecting gables and clipped gables. It was built with funds from the Works Progress Administration and housed one of the officer caretakers who resided at the post.
PixNULL
LinkNULL
GislocNULL
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive