This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.

Camp George West – Quarters, Building #70


Address15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS1, T4S, R70W
Elevation5768
SourceHistoric Building Inventory Record #5JF145.45, Colorado Historical Society.
OtherNULL
SeealsoNULL
Initialdate1998-11-18 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-11-28 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryArchitect George H. Merchant designed this one-story, 2050 sq. ft. bungalow built in 1938. The dwelling has cut basaltic stone walls quarried from south Table Mountain with a clipped front gable roof and lower intersecting gables alongside elevations. The construction was funded by the Works Progress Administration and housed one of the post's caretaker officers.
PixNULL
LinkNULL
GislocNULL
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive