This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Form #5JF 145.46, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Architect George H. Merchant designed this one-story, 1827 sq. ft. bungalow built in 1938. The structure has cut basaltic stone walls quarried from South Table Mountain, a gabled roof with intersecting gables on side elevations, wall buttresses and an off-center porch inset under the eaves. Construction was funded by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and housed on of the post's officers.|