This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.27, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Architect George H. Merchant designed this one-story, 1711 sq. ft., cross gabled, stone building. Built in 1937 as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project, it features decorative beams, wraparound porches with stone pillars and walls, multi-light windows, a stone chimney, and wood shingle roofing. In 1948, it was converted to living quarters.|