This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Form #5JF145.64, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||These c. 1932 stone and concrete gates flank the roadway entrance into the southern portion of Camp George West and are composed of fieldstone rubblework with stone pillars connected by a stone arch. The pillars away from the roadway have pyramidal tops which extend above the arch. Pillars next to the roadway are 10 to 12 feet high. The arch extending between the pillars is approximately 6-1/2 feet in length.|