This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||15000 S. Golden Rd., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S1, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF145.28, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Architect George H. Merchant designed this 50' x 90' rectangular concrete outdoor swimming pool. It was built in 1936 with funds from the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA). It had a shallow depth of 3' to an 8' deep end and was surrounded by an 18" narrow wall. An "L"-shaped concrete bench is located to the north and west of the pool. The pool has been abandoned and in disrepair since the 1960s.|