This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Two mile south of Morrison|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1994)|
|Source||Colorado Bureau of Mines Information report, 1955, Office of Active/ Inactive Mines, Colorado Department of Resources.|
|History||In 1955 R.B. Stevenson & Company operated this open pit mine. Principle products were uranium ore, pitchblende, and some carnotite. Ore occurs in an upturned strata of sandstone which dips to the west about six degrees. Two employees at this time.|