This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Four miles west of Golden on Hwy. 58, Golden Gate Canyon|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S24, T3S, R71W|
|Source||Operators Annual Report, 1960, Bureau of Mines|
|History||Operator Harvey A. Cervi. Work began on August 30, 1957, on this uranium prospect. Some 2,500 dozer cuts have opened up the land, averaging six feet in depth. Also extensive exploration drilling has been done.|