This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||2 mi. N.E. of Buffalo Creek at the Top of the World Campground|
|Quad||Platte Canyon, 1965 (1985)|
|Section||S28, T7S, R70W|
|Source||Interview, Local Residents, 1992.|
|Other||Colorado Trail 1776|
|History||This rock formation was named for the resemblance of two large chairs;also called "King and Queen Thrones." This was a very popular picnic spot until the U.S. Forest Service closed the access road in the early 1990s. It still can be reached by foot.|