This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||7227 S. Simms, Littleton,|
|Quad||Indian Hills, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S29, T5S, R70W|
|Source||Jefferson County School District, "Columbine '93," pg. 22.|
|History||Located three blocks north of Ken Caryl Avenue on South Simms Street, this 35-acre site next to the Meadows Golf Course is part of the Jefferson County R1 School District. It opened in 1987 for grades 9-12 with a capacity of 2,040. The school was named after Issac W. Chatfield, who was a lieutenant in the Union Army during the Civil War. In 1870 he bought 720 acres of land at the confluence of the South Platte River and Plum Creek. Chatfield farmed this land until he moved in 1879.|