This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||N. side of Golden Gate Canyon Rd., 1 1/4 mi. N.W. of Centennial House|
|Quad||Ralston Buttes, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S7, T3S, R71W|
|Source||Interview, Harold Swena, former Golden Gate Canyon landowner and resident.|
|History||This building was long, narrow, and reminiscent of a cheese box or a match box. It was a one-story frame building with a large stove in the center of the room. It was built in 1900 and used until 1917. The building is gone, with the foundation intact.|