This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||South of Alameda Rd.|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S24, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Cultural Resource Survey #5JF255, 1980, CHS|
|History||This clay pit mine dates from 1947 on land that was once part of the historic Rooney Ranch. It was never a large scale operation and had no connection with the Rooney family.|