This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||1012 Washington Ave., Golden, 80401|
|Section||S34, T3S, R70W|
|Source||"First Annual Directory of the City of Golden, Colorado," p. 10; Interview, Joe Gorman, Pastor; Interview, Loraine Wagenbach.|
|History||The church was built in 1924 by Pastor T. P. Dunn, between 10th St. and Clear Creek at the site of the present chamber of commerce booth. The church was a white frame building. The congregation was composed of 24 members during its first year. In 1959 the church was purchased by a gas company and a new church was built on W. 16th Ave. by Pastor Earl Wheeler.|