This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||27640 Hwy. 74, Evergreen 80439|
|Quad||Evergreen, 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S10, T5S, R71W|
|History||In 1871 the Stewart Hotel was the locale for the First Episcopal services in the area. In 1897 regular services began in the hotel building and in 1899 the name became "The Mission of the Transfiguration." The new and present building opened for services in 1963. Name source unknown.|