This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Under Ralston Reservoir, Golden|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S4&32, T2S, R69W|
|Source||Arapahoe District Court, Div. II Proceedings, Oct. 4, 1884; Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," pp. 23-24; "Water Priorities in District 7," courtesy of William Elliott.|
|History||This ditch was in Water District #7 (Priorities #16, 5-31-1868 and #19, 5-20-1873). Claimant in 1884 was John Churches. The area where the ditch originated, from south bank of Ralston Creek, is now under Ralston Reservoir. John Churches owned lands North and East of North Table Mountain and built this ditch to benefit those properties.|