This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||66th Ave. & Yankee St., Golden|
|Quad||Golden, 1939 (1965)|
|Section||SW4, S3, T3S, R70W|
|Source||Records of Arapahoe County Court Division II, October 4, 1884; Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," p. 24.|
|Seealso||Churches Stage Stop|
|History||Claimant for adjudication in 1884 was John Churches. Located in Water District #7, the lake is filled from Ralston Creek via Churches Ditch, which has a headgate on the south bank of Ralston Creek in SE1/4, S32, T2S, R70W. John Churches was an area farmer and built the system.|