This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||W. of Simms St. & S. of 72nd Ave., Golden|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S4&5, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Arapahoe County District Court, Div. II, Oct. 4, 1884; Arvada Historical Society, "Waters of Gold," p. 24; State Engineer, "Water Rights Report," p. 384.|
|History||This ditch is located in Water District #7. Claimants in 1884 were Charles Brown and John Clark. It originates from the north bank of Ralston Creek and has Ralston Creek Priority #13, dating from May 31, 1865. John Clark owned a farm north of present-day West 64th Avenue and on each side of Simms Street.|