This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||5 mi. s. of Buffalo Creek community on Forest Service Rd. 542|
|Quad||Green Mountain, 1954 (1984)|
|Section||S15, T8S, R71W|
|Source||Interview, Jack Green, Area Resident, July 1992.|
|Other||Buffalo Creek Campground|
|History||George W. Clayton of Clayton College in Denver leased ground for the camp in 1930 from the U.S. Forest Service. It closed in the late 1940s and later became the site of Buffalo Creek Campground.|