This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||At E. entrance to Clear Creek Canyon|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S21, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Ridgway, "The Mission of Colorado Toll Roads," p. 164; Ryl and, "The Energetic Captain Berthoud, in the Westerners," pp. 92-93.|
|History||Received legislative authorization March 8, 1864; "'Clear Creek and Guy Gulch Wagon Road Company.' Authorization to operate parallel with and to cross Golden Gate Gregory Road." "In 1862, W.A.H. Loveland organized a wagon road company; reorganized in 1863 into the Clear Creek and Guy Gulch Wagon Road Co. In 1865, the company became the Colorado and Clear Creek Railroad Co. In 1866, the Colorado Central and Pacific RR Co. emerged." It was replaced with Colorado Central Railroad in 1872.|