This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||10555 W. 44th Ave., Wheat Ridge, 80033|
|Quad||Arvada, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S21, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Church Records; Interview, Al Frank, Historian, 1990.|
|Other||Fruitdale Baptist Church.|
|History||The name is descriptive of the location. The church was originally Clear Creek Valley Church organized in 1890. In 1892 the name was changed to Alathe Church. In 1905 the faltering congregation became a mission of Galilee Baptist, Denver, and was named Fruitdale Baptist, adopting the name of the neighborhood. In 1990 the centennial observance research led to the name change back to Clear Creek Valley Baptist Church. This is a conservative Baptist denomination and is the site of the Rocky Mountain Conservative Baptist Association headquarters.|