This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||On Cty. Rd. 96 1.5 mi. downstream from Buffalo Creek|
|Quad||Platte Canyon, 1985|
|Section||S21, T7S, R70W|
|Source||Interviews, Local Residents.|
|History||Two private residents with access by car across a bridge over the river. They were originally owned by a Mr. Jordon and sold to Henry Nadirff then resold several times.A post office was supposedly here from 1916-1918. The origin of the name is unknown.|